Tuesday, March 10, 2009

CRAZY SCARY DAY

Well yesterday started off like most days, I had my neices and nephews for the day b/c they did not have school and later in the afternoon we were going to Crazy Bounce. Riley was not feeling 100% and he seemed to have what Carter had a few days before, which was a bad cold and usually at night become really warm and not look so good, but by morning ready to go again looking fine. Riley was acting in the same way and he really wanted to go to Crazy Bounce with his cousins. So, we arrived around 12:30, I paid to be there for 2 hours. Riley played a little bit for the first 20 minutes or so and then wanted to sit on my lap. After about an hour he said he was tired and was really looking sick. Now here comes the worst part of the day.... He dozed off for a few minutes and then opened his eyes and I was trying to talk to him and he was just staring and not responding to me, so I stood up still trying to call his name..NOTHING!!! I took him up to the front and by this point his lips were turing slightly blue, so the guy called 911 and then I had about 10 other moms around me one coming later that was a nurse, but by then he kinda gasped and sat up but was really out of it. It all happened in a matter of minutes and the ambulance was there in less than five, but to me it felt like an eternity. It was the worst feeling in the world and I felt so helpless watching him go through that. I never what to see my child like that again. He was awake and breathing when they left in the ambulance and I had to gather up the rest of the kids and drive there b/c I was by myself, so I could not be with him. My mom ended up meeting me there and my sister works at the hospital so they took the other kids while we found out what was going on. They determined that he had a very high fever + the playing at Crazy Bounce making it worse, that caused him to loose consiousness and act the way he did. At the hospital it was 103 and possibly higher when he had the episode. They also discovered that he had an ear infection in one ear and they also took x-rays to see if he had pneumonia, which he does not. So hes on antibiotic and fever reducers and doing fine at the moment. He slept alot yesterday afternoon and was pretty out of it and does not remember much of anything that happened. Docotor say that it may be something that does or doesnt ever happen again, lets hope for the NEVER again. Its something I wish to never go through again, but makes merealize to be thankful and appreciate and cherish the days that I do have with my children, b/c you never know when it will be the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment