Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Splash Universe

This past weekend we took a little vacation with John's family to Splash Universe in Shipshewana, IN. It was a ton of fun and much nicer than I though it was going to be. I would love to make this spot a yearly mid winter get away. The boys loved it, they were old and tall enough to do stuff by themselves, except the Lazy River and the huge Vortex slides which they could still do with John or I. Carter was fearless, I thought he may be afraid b/c sometimes the slides become tunnels and its pitch black in there, but he can out with a huge grin on his face. The hotel also had a arcade, kinda like Craigs Cruisers just much smaller and a gift shop that had a Wii set up for anyone to play. They also had music at night with a dance floor and an ice cream shop next too it. They also had a resturaunt for breakfast and dinner and a small cafe inside the waterpark for lunch. The rooms were simple, clean and nice and reasonable price too that includes four passes to the waterpark during your stay. If you dont want to spend the night you can purchase day passes too and Shipshe is only about and 1-2 hours away. I would recommend the place to anyone looking for a great time. I have included a link if you want to check it out: http://www.splashuniverse.com/
My Boys: John, Riley and Carter in front of the huge play structure.
Carter loved the slides once he got used to them and he could do them all by himself.
Riley coming out of one of the many slides
It's not just for the kids, grown-ups can have a lot of fun too. John and Ben raced down the dual vortex slides too. It was a tie!
Adults in the hot tub, everyone but me b/c I'm preggo and not allowed (I did dip my feet in though) and someone had to take the picture. (l-r) Laura & Mike, John, and Ben & Renee.
John on the Lazy River
Riley and Carter getting ready to race down the slide
Riley and I coming out of the slide
John and Carter on the big slide











No comments:

Post a Comment