Thursday, July 16, 2009

Silver Lake

This past Saturday John was home, so we headed up to Silver Lake to visit with my sister at their cottage. It was a beautiful day. We went up into the dunes were the men all rode around in the Jeep climbing hills until the Jeep broke :( and then the kids went swimming in Lake Michigan while us ladies worked on our tan. Later we took a boat ride around the lake and the kids played at the island for a bit before heading back and sitting around the fire and eating s'mores. YUMMY! We headed home late, and of course all my men fell asleep on the way home. (I was driving, John does it for a living so he gets sick of it, so when were together I usually drive) We had a really fun day. Can't wait to head up there again!




The boys in their goggles getting ready to go climb some hills in the Jeep. ( look in the background its an Astro van. I dont feel so silly anymore with our family car up there)
Sitting in the dunes watching people climb the hill and playing in the sand. We even had the Yukon up there. I felt silly having a family vehicle up there, but its better than the Astro van we saw up there!




Playing in lake Michigan. Water was a little chilly but they did not care



Riding out on the pontoon boat to the island to play in the shallow water out on the big lake




My sisters kids and my boys. Poor Maddie is the only girl in the group!







No comments:

Post a Comment